Thursday, September 10, 2015

Navajo Woman Trucks Water 75 Miles A Day To People On Parched Reservation

The "water lady" is a local hero in this area of the Navajo Nation.

Navajo Woman Trucks Water 75 Miles A Day To People On Parched Reservation
The "water lady's" big yellow truck is a refreshing sight at the Navajo Nation. Darlene Arviso, known as "the water lady," delivers water five days a week to communities without plumbing and clean water on the Navajo reservation surrounding Thoreau, New Mexico, Navajo Times reported. She totes over 3,000 gallons of water in her truck, traveling 75 miles and visiting about a dozen families every day. “I enjoy my job,” Arviso told the news site. “I like what I’m doing because I’m helping my people.”
Read More Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thank you for visiting my blog. Please share your thoughts and leave a comment :)